There are a variety of ways to create a budget in Clocktimizer, from scratch, through the fee comparison, directly from the matter page, as a template, and from the expanded visualization. This guide will explore the latter, how you can create a budget from the expanded visualization in the Drilldown. Similar to creating a budget using the fee comparison, this method will populate the budget with pre-filled details based on what you have selected in the Drilldown. This is also an excellent place to start when creating a budget template.
Where to start
There are a variety of different options when creating a budget from the expanded view, depending on the type of budget you're creating and how it will be tracked. Some of the most common examples for this would be tracking by Phase and Activity, or by Month and Time keeper level, these are the examples that will be used in this guide.
Build a budget from the expanded visualization, by phase and activity
- Go to the Drilldown,
- In the "Partition By" section choose "Phase",
- In the "Filters" section, select the relevant filters, such as specific clients, a group of matters, specific practice group, date range, etc., press Apply.
- Then scroll down to the Visualization button, and choose "Expanded" from the Drilldown,
- Next, click the "Compare" button, near the top right of the table, and choose "Activity" in the dropdown.
- Click "Create budget", and fill the relevant details in the pop up menu.
- Press Save.
- You will be redirected to the new budget page, where you will see "Phase" as the main category, and Activities as the subcategory.
Build a budget from the expanded visualization, by month and time keeper level