There are a couple of different ways to create an activity group in Clocktimizer, which can be used across the platform. To group activities the classic way, see a previous guide. This guide will describe how to build an activity group directly from the Drilldown's expanded visualization.
Where to start
Depending on what type of activity group you're building and how you plan to use this, your partitioning and filtering options will be different. The most common example would be to build an activity grouping wherein activities fall under the Task code that they've been assigned. For this example, the steps will be outlined below.
How to create an activity group from the expanded visualization
- Head to the Drilldown,
- In "Partition by" choose "Task",
- In the "Filters" section apply any relevant filters, (for example you may want to filter on a specific group of matters, practice group, or limit your data to just the last year),
- Next, scroll down to the Visualization button, and choose "Expanded" from the dropdown menu,
- Click the "Compare" button near the top right of the table,
- Choose "Activity" from the dropdown menu,
- Finally, click "Create Activity Group".
The new activity group will open in a new tab. It will automatically be given a name "Drilldown grouping DATE TIME" so be sure to change this to something more memorable. From here you can further modify the groups and activities.
In the example below, Shareholder Agreement and Due Diligence will be grouped under the title L330 in the new activity group.
Any options in the "Partition By" section can be used to create an activity group from the expanded visualization (except for other activity groups). The value selected in the "Partition By" section will become the titles for the various groups in the activity group (so if you choose "Level (time keeper)" your groups will have a time keeper level, with activities grouped underneath). Please note, in order for this to function, you need to select "Activity" from the Compare menu.