This guide consists of two parts: the first part explains how to set up recurring email notifications internally. The second part explains how to set up recurring emails externally, for example, to send reports to clients.
PART 1 | Setting up recurring emails internally
In the example below, we use the Matter Analysis but you can also set up recurring emails from the Client Analysis, Budgets or the Drilldown.
Step 1: Go to ‘Matters’ in the menu bar
Step 2: Select a matter in the search bar:
Step 3: In the matter analysis screen click on the envelope in the top right of your screen:
Step 4: A popup window opens and you can select the subject and how you would like to receive your reports:
- You can set up who you want to send the report to by opting for 'Only me'. The report will then be sent only to you. You can also send it to other Clocktimizer users by opting for 'Specify user accounts' and typing their usernames;
- Select the frequency at which you want the report to be sent by selecting from the Repeats dropdown menu;
- Choose when you want the report to start being sent by selecting a date in Starts;
- Select when you want the report to stop being sent in the dropdown menu next to Ends. You can either set a specific date, select Never so that there is no end date or After repeats to specify how many times the report should be sent;
- Set a Time of the day you would like the report to be sent out;
- Add a customized message;
Step 5: Click Save and the recurring email is set up and will be sent to the recipients automatically at the frequency you selected;
Step 6: You can find your recurring email under Reports in the left menu bar.
PART 2 | Setting up recurring emails externally e.g. for clients
In the example below, we use the Matter Analysis but you can also use the Client Analysis, Budgets or Drilldown to set up recurring emails for your clients.
Step 1: Ask your IT or Clocktimizer admin to create an Email User account for your client. They can use your client's email address and assign zero permissions to the user. A guide on how to create new accounts can be found here: https://support.clocktimizer.com/a/solutions/articles/11000013872-add-new-users;
Step 2: Once the account has been created, go to ‘Matters’ in the menu bar;
Step 3: Select the matter in the search bar:
Step 4: In the matter analysis screen, click on the envelope in the top of your screen:
Step 5: A popup window opens and you can select the subject, frequency and for how long your client has to receive the report:
Step 6: To send the report to your client, select 'Specify user accounts' and enter the client's email address used in step 1. Select it in the drop-down that appears;
Step 7: Click Save and the recurring email is set up. Clocktimizer will send the report automatically to your client at the frequency you selected;
Step 8: You can find your recurring email under Reports in the left hand-side menu bar.